MEDICAL & HEALTH ACTIVITIES IN TRIBAL AREA
- To monitor the Health Activities in Tribal Area, the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh have created Office of Additional District Medical and Health Officer (Tribal)with headquarters at Utnoor headed by ADM&HO (Tribal) with supporting staff of Medical Officers and Paramedical staff.
- The main objective of this department is to provide better health facilities to peoples especially the tribals in the Tribal Areas covering on 23 Mandals.
- In addition to the ADM&HO office, the District Malaria Office is also situated at Utnoor as head quarters headed by District Malaria Officer (DMO) with the assistant of ADMO and supporting staff, to make control over the communicable diseases in tribal area.
- A local tribal woman is selected in every village and intensively trained in maternal and child health services, minor ailments management, environmental hygiene, serious cases identification and epidemic information.
- A medical kit is also provided to the CHWs who acts as a link health worker between the village and the Primary Health Centre (PHC).
- This scheme has enabled the extension of health care to the most remote and far-flung villages.
HEALTH SERVICES PROVIDED IN AGENCY AREA
- 2 Nutrition Rehabilitation Centers established at Adilabad and Utnoor for Malnourished and anemic Children for Age groups of 6 months to 5 years to give nutrition support and treatment and also for anemic adolescent girls and pregnant women. 1 Ambulance is attached to NRC to Mobilize the malnourished children from interial remote habitations.
- 2 SNCUs ( Specialist New Born Care Units ) established at Adilabad and Utnoor for stabilizing in neonatal disorders for age groups of 0 to 6 months.
- Establishment of 1 NBSU ( New Born Specialization Unit ) at CHC Asifabad for stabilization of neonate.
- Fixed day health services are provided by 17 vehicle in agency area by 104 services. The services provided with communicable / non communicable diseases.(Diabetes , Epilepsy , Asthma , Hypertension)
- 16 vehicles of 108 services are provided for emergency transport of the ANC , delivery and other cases with reverse transportation.
- Arogya Sree Health Care provided to the beneficiaries selected at PHC level by MO and Arogya Mitra.
- All tribal welfare girls institutions are provided with ANM round the clock services.
- Every week screening of children’s will be conducted by Medical Officers in JBAR programme.
- Branch Central Drug Store established at ITDA Utnoor for 31 Tribal PHCs.
- Every Wednesday Referral of Chronic diseased patients to Hyderabad with free transportation along with Arogya Sree Facilitator in ITDA Ambulance.
FUNDS FOR HEALTH ACTIVITIES
- NRHM : The NRHM funds will received from Commissioner Health Family Welfare, AP, Hyd for various interventions to the ITDA Health Society Joint Account ( PO & ADMHO ).
- Funds received through CFW, AP, Hyd
- Construction of Primary Health Centre & Sub – Centre Buildings
- MCH & Epidemic Teams ( Medical Officer, Staff Nurse with Vehicle)
- Specialist Health Camps
- Village Health Sanitation Funds @ Rs.10000/- for each Grampanchayath.
- ASHAs Fixed Honorarium @ Rs.400/-PM
- Establishment of Adolescent Friendly Health Clinics
- Incentives to the MO / Paramedical Staff for Best Performance in conducting deliveries.
- Re-orientation Trainings to Hospital Development Society Members
Funds received through DM&HO
- Hospital Development Society Funds @ Rs.1.75 Lakhs to each PHC for year.
- Sub Center Untied Funds @ Rs.10000/- to each S/C. for year.
- Performance Base Incentives to ASHAs
- Janani Shishu Samrakshana Karyakramamu (JSSK)for safe institutional delivery , treatment (Surgical), transportation , food and medicine for pregnant women.