- To monitor the educational activities at Primary school level in Tribal area one Dist. Educational Officer (Agency) post with office staff is sanctioned.
- Upper Primary to College level Tribal Welfare Educational activities is under the control of Dy. Director (TW)
- The schools are functioning in residential pattern from class 3rd to 10th.
- All the Tribals in the district are eligible for seeking admission.
- The students will be provided Education with boarding, lodging and incentives like Uniforms, Note books, Text books, Plates, Glasses, Trunk boxes and Blankets, Cosmetics etc.
- A separate Day wise Menu is prepared for class 3rd to 7th and class 8th to 10th and implementing in all TW institutions to provide Nutritious food to ST boarders
- Regular Medical Check up is conducting in all TW institutions by the Medical Officers of nearby PHCs twice in a month.
- In addition to regular medical check up One ANM is engaged in each Girls institutions for regular monitoring of health condition of grown up girls.
TSTW Residential Schools & Junior Colleges (Gurukulam Institutions)
Until the year 1999, the Tribal Welfare Residential Schools were under the Management of the Andhra Pradesh Residential Educational Institutions Society(APREIS), which was later bifurcated into Andhra Pradesh Residential Educational Institutions Society and Andhra Pradesh Tribal Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society (G.O.Ms.No: 51 S.W (TW.Edn.I Dept) dated 03-06-1998) and APTWREIS popularly called Gurukulam, came into existence w.e.f. 3.6.1998 to take care of enrolment and retention of tribal children and improvement in the quality of education imparted to them with Head Quarters at Hyderabad. The Society started functioning effectively from 01.06.1999 after bifurcation from APREI Society.
- These are functioning under control of TSTW Society for quality education.
- Admissions through a Test for 6th class for sanctioned strength.
- Medium of Instruction is English in all Gurukulams
BEST AVAILABLE SCHOOLS
- Certain schools in tribal areas maintaining high standards of quality education have been identified as Best Available Schools. Pre-matric scholarships are awarded to tribal students who secure admission in these schools. Admission is on the basis of merit. 674 seats are available in Adilabad district under this scheme.
- Under this scheme (6) Private Residential schools were identified by the District and State level committee.
Project Monitoring and Resource Cell (PMRC)
Project Monitoring and Resource Cell is started in December 1998 to perform the following functions:
To monitor the school complexes.
To consolidate the institutional data.
To organise training programmes for all the teachers and other functionaries
To assist the DEO (Agency) in academic matters
PMRC consists of one PGHM and two School Assistants selected on deputation on the basis of merit. The PMRC building has been constructed at Utnoor at a cost of Rs. 1.10 crores and with administrative block & dormitory block to take care of all training needs. PMRC entrusted with the academic monitoring responsibilities.